We are working with Berea, who provide market leading cybersecurity services, to offer you a complete Cyber Risk Management Bundle which educates staff on cybersecurity and allows your Council to obtain the Government-backed ‘Cyber Essentials’ certificate.
Cyber Essentials aims to reduce cyber vulnerability throughout organisations and demonstrates commitment to data security best practice.
Did you know that 90% of local authority cyber-attacks begin with a disguised fraudulent email (known as ‘phishing’), often caused by human error? And 75% of local authority employees do not receive mandatory training in cyber security awareness?*
What is included?
The entire bundle is self-contained in a unique triangular postal tube. Included is an advice pack which offers practical, cost effective guidance as well as access to a web-based self-assessment to help your Council understand cybersecurity and become Cyber Essentials Certified.
Cyber Safety At Work – Advice Pack:
- 1 x “Cyber Safety At Work” poster – Highly visible and engaging wall poster. Designed to sit next to your Health & Safety (HSE) poster.
- 40 x “Think before you click” stickers – Stickers that encourage caution to reduce the likelihood of common, hasty accidents.
- 20 x employee guidance booklets – Visually attractive desk-based reminder for staff on everyday best practice.
- Record sheet and installation notes – Quickly and easily record who has received guidance.
Cyber Essentials & Cyber AMI – Web-based Self-Assessment:
- 12 month subscription.
- Split into helpful modules so your Council can progress at its own pace.
- Designed for non-technical individuals and written in plain-English.
- The certification process will be managed for you.
Why should your Council consider this solution?
Educating staff about cybersecurity is one of the biggest challenges to face any organisation. Not only can the advice pack help with awareness of common security incidents, the UK Government state that Cyber Essentials certification can reduce your risk of threats from the Internet by 70-80%.*
Securing your official certification with Berea, and insuring your Council with BHIB Councils Insurance is an extremely cost-effective solution which educates and protects your Council in the event of a cyber emergency.
Where can I find out more?
The bundle will be on display at the NALC Annual Conference with a limited quantity available for purchase on the day (though you will be able to take-away on the day and pay by invoice later).
To get your cybersecurity activity started on the right foot, make sure you visit the BHIB Councils stand during the NALC Annual Conference.